Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parental Control website blocking/logging doesn't work!

Using Yosemite version 10.10.1, I've made an account with restricted access to applications and websites. The applications seem to work fine, however the website blocking and logging doesn't work.

In Parental Control -> Web, I selected "Allow access to only these websites" and when on the account to test. I first tried to go to Google which it would not allow (naturally), but I tried a few other websites, including adult websites and they showed up!! There is a very clear whitelist of all allowed websites, yet I can access other websites? Including adult content?

The second problem is NOTHING shows up in the log. In Parental Control, if I go to Logs -> Websites Visited, it's completely empty! I had just been to many different websites using that account but none of them are being logged!

Is Parental Control broken? Or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks guys!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Dec 15, 2014 5:47 AM

3 replies

Parental Control website blocking/logging doesn't work!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.