Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why won't chrome play itunes movie trailers in yosemite 10.10.1

Trying to play itunes movie trailers on chrome, looks like it cant find quicktime which exists. Safari can play the trailers

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Dec 15, 2014 5:23 AM

18 replies

Mar 12, 2015 3:20 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

Looks like the issue may be solved for Firefox. It now asks for permission to run Quicktime and allows you to remember the choice for the specific website.

Yosemite v 10.10.2 (14C1510)

Firefox v 36.0 and also v37.0

Still an issue with Chrome Version 41.0.2272.89 (64-bit)

Chat support say that since it works in Safari and FF I need to raise the issue with Chrome. 😮

Mar 22, 2015 9:57 AM in response to babowa

you cannot escape Google's Gotcha - 15 ways to Sunday! -> http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2013/05/10/15-ways-google-monitors-you

Chrome is merely one convenient way - Firefox is even cooperates to an extent by utilizing the unofficial Blacklist Google maintains - i.e., "reporting" the URL to which you are "in route" to the LIST (Google) for comparison = Google's Gotcha

websites also participate in collecting your stuff, but at least with Firefox, you can 'opt-out' with the Do Not Track feature - but with the knowledge of above Blacklist check - 'tis pointless

google's gotcha

Mar 22, 2015 10:34 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

Thanks, but there is a difference in what they can collect from going to a website vs. using their browser, their email, Google Drive and/or whatever else they offer. None of which are allowed in this house. I used to have a GMail account - deleted it the day it became Google. I used to use Picasa occasionally. Not any more. I also regularly delete cookies, cache, and history (every time I close/quit my browser). Did I mention that I do not like Google's business model.

This is getting too off topic for this thread, so I won't comment further unless the OP still has a question.

why won't chrome play itunes movie trailers in yosemite 10.10.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.