Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you change the wallpaper without changing the lock screen photo?

I just upgraded my iPhone 4S from iOS6 to iOS 8. How do you change the wallpaper without changing the lock screen photo?

Posted on Dec 15, 2014 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2014 9:33 AM

Use the Settings app to change your Wallpaper.

Settings > Wallpaper > Choose New Wallpaper

Once you select a new wallpaper you will have the option to use that Wallpaper on the Lock Scree or Home Screen or Both.

If you want to keep your present Lock Screen Wallpaper just select Home screen when the choices appear.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2014 9:33 AM in response to redwise

Use the Settings app to change your Wallpaper.

Settings > Wallpaper > Choose New Wallpaper

Once you select a new wallpaper you will have the option to use that Wallpaper on the Lock Scree or Home Screen or Both.

If you want to keep your present Lock Screen Wallpaper just select Home screen when the choices appear.

Dec 15, 2014 10:58 AM in response to Ralph9430

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

When I choose the wallpaper two options appear at the bottom of the screen:

Cancel and Set.

I do not see any option to choose between Lock Screen and Wallpaper and I am afraid if I select "Set," it will delete the personal photo I have on my lock screen and I will not be able to reset that photo there.

Am I incorrect in thinking that if I select "Set" both the Lock Screen and Wallpaper will set to the iPhone image?

Dec 15, 2014 11:01 AM in response to redwise

redwise wrote:

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

When I choose the wallpaper two options appear at the bottom of the screen:

Cancel and Set.

I do not see any option to choose between Lock Screen and Wallpaper and I am afraid if I select "Set," it will delete the personal photo I have on my lock screen and I will not be able to reset that photo there.

Am I incorrect in thinking that if I select "Set" both the Lock Screen and Wallpaper will set to the iPhone image?

By selecting set it is asking you if the image you have is set correctly. Then after that you get an option to set as lock screen, wallpaper or both.

how do you change the wallpaper without changing the lock screen photo?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.