Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer photos from Mac To iPad?

This has me really confused.

Id like to transfer photos from my Mac running 10.10 to my iPad running ios8. I have uploaded from the thousand or so photos on iPhoto to iCloud- or at least i think i think I have, but they don't appear on the iPad or iPhone.

Evidently you cannot transfer photos via iTunes (have version 12) now, so i guess iCloud is the only option.

I have the relevent iCloud setting turned on in both iPad iPhone and Mac and have tried logging out and back on all devices.

Posted on Dec 15, 2014 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2014 10:58 AM

If you enable iCloud photos on iOS8 you don't get “my photo stream” anymore, so photos you add to “my photo stream” on your mac won't appear on your mobile device. You can either disable iCloud photos or put your photos into shared albums on your mac rather than “my photo stream”,

5 replies

Dec 15, 2014 10:59 AM in response to richard177

Evidently you cannot transfer photos via iTunes (have version 12) now, so i guess iCloud is the only option.

You can still sync your photos with iTunes Photo Sync with iTunes 12 and iOS 8, provided you do not enable iCloud Photo Library (Beta) on your mobile devices. (iCloud Photo Library beta FAQ)

iCloud Photo Library (Beta) disables the upload of photos using iTunes (iOS and iPod: Syncing photos using iTunes) and also disables the upload from your Mac using My Photo Stream. You can only upload using the Photos (Beta) app on the iCloud web page. https://www.icloud.com/

If you want to continue using iTunes Photo Sync or My Photo Stream to upload your photos, disable iCloud Photo Library (Beta), until iCloud Photo Library is supported on the Mac.

Mar 17, 2015 9:37 PM in response to richard177

Use an app like PhotoSync to transfer them from your Mac to your device (and vice versa) using your wifi: http://www.photoosync-app.com. If you're using iOS 8 the app cannot yet access all the photos in the photos section of the Photos app on your device, but they have submitted an update to Apple that addresses this. In the meantime, you can still transfer photos from your Mac to your devices. Note: I have no affiliation with this app developer.

Transfer photos from Mac To iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.