Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud e-maisl not going through

My iCloud account e-mails are not reaching addressees even though they show as having been sent. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Posted on Dec 15, 2014 10:33 AM

2 replies

Dec 16, 2014 12:53 PM in response to jsimke

Hi jsimke,

If your iCloud email shows it's being sent but the recipients aren't getting them, I wonder if you are able to successfully send email to yourself.

There is also a section in this article for "If your recipient doesn't receive your message"

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Mail - Apple Support

1. If an “unknown address” or “undelivered mail returned” message appears in your Inbox after you send a message, make sure that the recipient's email address is correct. Go to your Sent mailbox and make sure that the email you sent was addressed correctly.
2. If you're using OS X Mail or accessing your iCloud Mail (icloud.com/mail) using Safari or another supported web browser, check your Drafts, Sent, and Outbox mailboxes:

• If there is an unsent copy of the message in Drafts, try to send it again.
  • If the message appears in your Outbox, the message was not sent. You might be working offline or the outgoing mail server (SMTP) may be unavailable. Refer to the steps earlier in this section for details about how to select the iCloud SMTP server.
3. Ask the recipient to check any Junk mail folders or mailboxes on their system. Perhaps your message was received but accidentally filtered.
4. If your recipient still does not receive your message, but your message was sent without any alerts or “undelivered mail” messages, your message might have been blocked or filtered by the iCloud Mail servers or the recipient's mail server. To find out, contact iCloud Support and ask your recipient to contact their email administrator as well.

Best,

Nubz

Dec 16, 2014 1:01 PM in response to jsimke

Thanks Nubz,

It seems to have corrected itself. iCloud messages are now reaching their addressees, although the messages that never reached their destination seem to have disappeared forever. I did try sending iCloud messages to myself, my wife and another account I manage. none of the messages were ever received. Weird! Anyway, it's now working again.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond

Best

John

iCloud e-maisl not going through

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.