Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac won't download apps

My iMac won't allow me to download apps or updates. I press the "get" button and the button lights up green and nothing happens. Please help.

iMac

Posted on Dec 15, 2014 11:38 AM

4 replies

Dec 16, 2014 12:57 PM in response to JBliek

Hi JBliek,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

If you are able to connect to the internet, but nothing happens when you click on the "Get" button on the Mac App Store, try these steps:

Troubleshooting the Mac App Store - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-is/HT203421

If nothing happens after clicking Buy when purchasing an app

Select the Purchases view at the top of the Mac App Store window. Look for your purchased app. If it is listed under Purchases and says Installed next to it, check your Dock or Applications folder for the app. If the app's listing under Purchases says Install next to it, click the Install button. The app will then be downloaded and installed into the Applications folder. You will not be charged again for the app.

If the app is not listed under Purchases, your previous attempt to buy was not completed and you were not charged for the app. Navigate to where you tried to purchase the app earlier and click the Buy button for the app. This will charge your account for the app. If you delete the app and wish to to reinstall it later, you can use the Purchases view to reinstall it without being charged again.

If downloading an app is interrupted

Once an Internet connection is reestablished, your purchased downloads should automatically restart. The Mac App Store may alert you that there was an issue with the download and ask if you'd like to restart the download(s). Confirming will restart all pending downloads. For more information on this topic, see Mac App Store: How to resume interrupted downloads.

The download time will vary according to the file's size and your Internet connection speed. Refer to this article about iTunes Store purchases for more information about download times for large files.

If you are having issues connecting to the iTunes Store in general, here are some possible resolutions:

Can't connect to the iTunes Store - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-is/HT201400

Enjoy the holidays ...

- Judy

Feb 2, 2015 9:23 AM in response to JBliek

This is 2nd Feb 2015, it can't possibly be an App store server problem.

I can't download existing apps to update them, or it seems download new apps.

Take the Kindle app for example, from the App store Kindle page,

I click Install and I get the message: Kindle failed to download Use the Purchases page to try again.

It's there in my Purchases page, but if I click Install I get the same message, and a red message An error has occurred beside Kindle on the list.

Exactly the same happens with even Apple's own apps that came free with Yosemite, Keynote etc. I had messages to update them, but can't.

Is this an Apple i.d. problem? I have 2 apple i.d.s, one I only use for Find my iPhone, and have never used it to download software or apps, certainly not these listed ones. I have checked that I'm signed in with my main i.d.

I am able to download and install Yosemite updates and make iTune purchases.

I would really appreciate help, it's an absolute pain.

Nuts and bolts:

iMac, 21.5 inch mid 2010.

Yosemite, 10.10.1

iMac won't download apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.