Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

permanently delete apps off itunes 12.01.26

Hello, I've searched the forums and can't find a viable solution for the latest itunes version 12.01.26 so would like to put it to you good people: I have tried to delete apps off my itunes library (ie permanently) but I can't just hit 'delete like i used to. I'm running a MBP OXS Yosemite (10.10) and this is the options I get when I select the app to delete and hit the 'edit' button:

User uploaded file

If anyone is able to assist me here I'd be super grateful, as I want to delete about a third of my apps!

thanks in advance 🙂

iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Dec 15, 2014 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2014 1:33 PM

You are looking in the wrong place ...

You are looking at the apps that are on your iPhone (see the upper left corner of the iTunes window). Instead, you should look at the apps in iTunes.

Above the iPhone icon, from left to right, you see a music note, then movies (or TV shows), then Apps. Apps is where you need to be to delete the apps.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2014 1:33 PM in response to sir jalapenos

You are looking in the wrong place ...

You are looking at the apps that are on your iPhone (see the upper left corner of the iTunes window). Instead, you should look at the apps in iTunes.

Above the iPhone icon, from left to right, you see a music note, then movies (or TV shows), then Apps. Apps is where you need to be to delete the apps.

permanently delete apps off itunes 12.01.26

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.