Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootloop on Iphone 6Plus 128GB

Hello, my Name is Joe and I'am from Germany. please excuse my bad english.

I bought my Girlfriend a new Iphone 6Plus 128 GB. We had before 2 Iphone 5,4,3, 4 Ipads and two 27" Imacs.

Real Apple Fans.

After my Girlfriend want to install her approx. 1000 Apps the Iphone went into a Bootloop. We tried it several Times without any progress.

We went back to a older (8.1) ios version, but it still will not work with approx. 50GB of used Memory.

Then we start it as a new Phone and store only 22GB (approx. 500 apps) on it. Now it runs, but the Phone crashed every second Day during different tasks.

A exchange from Apple has not solved the Problem.

Has anybody an Idea ?

Best Regards

Joe

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Dec 15, 2014 5:40 PM

7 replies

Dec 15, 2014 6:18 PM in response to Joenewsky

That is a lot of apps. It probably isn't the amount of storage, there is probably an app in there that has not been upgraded to work with iOS 8 or some corrupt data. Only way to find it is load and app at a time until it reboots. Or check your usage for your apps and see if one seems to be taking an inordinate amount of storage.

Dec 15, 2014 6:49 PM in response to deggie

Thanks for Your Reply.

I used IPhones since 2008 and have only 123 Apps. Women may be need more ;-)

We have already load App by App but we recognized, as more we load, as more crashes occur.

I don't believe that the Reason is only one App, but we will try it aggain, when we get the second Exchange from Apple which is on its way.

I found in the net other People which have exactly the same Problem, especially when they have a lot of apps.

But that was the Reason, why i bought her the 128GB.

Thanks again for Your Ideas and best Regards from Germany

Joe

Dec 15, 2014 7:17 PM in response to mineblock

@mineblock

when the bootloop occours (during loading 1000 apps) we have no chance to get into recovery mode.

we pressed the Home button for approx. 6-10 sec. and than plugged in, into the imac. Then we can get back to Itunes.

When we attempt to make another try, the same problem occour also with the Exchange IPhone 6 Plus 128GB.

When we load only some apps it work, but as more apps we load, as more crashes occur.

Thanks

Joe

Bootloop on Iphone 6Plus 128GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.