Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp Windows 8.1 "No Images Are Available"

Hello everyone!

I am at my wits end! I am trying to install windows 8.1 pro on my Macbook Air (mid 2013) and keep having the same trouble...the "No Images Are Available" message in the "Select an OS to Install" window. I went to the following link on my friends PC (which was provided by the microsoft tech): http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media and downloaded the Windows 8.1 pro ISO to my friends desktop and transferred the file to my mac. I then created the Wininstall file using a flash drive and bootcamp. I get through all of the steps (partitioning my hard drive, entering product key) and then I get to the page where I should select the OS I would like to install and there isn't anything in the box for me to select from.

I initially had purchased the student version and was later told that I would need the full version so now I have that one instead.

Please help!

-Rich

MacBook Air, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 15, 2014 7:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2014 5:36 AM

1. If the ISO is on the Mac, can you open it and see files in it?

2. Your messages are confusing. If the BCA partitions the disk, then the ISO is already integrated with BC drivers on to the USB. After you enter the Product Key, there is no OS selection. It should already be determined when using the ISO. Please see 4 also.

3. If you are using EFI Boot, then BCA should not be used for partitioning your disk.

4. There is no OS selection screen in the Windows Installer on a Mac. Please see https://help.apple.com/bootcamp/mac/5.0/help/.

21 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2014 5:36 AM in response to pritchettra

1. If the ISO is on the Mac, can you open it and see files in it?

2. Your messages are confusing. If the BCA partitions the disk, then the ISO is already integrated with BC drivers on to the USB. After you enter the Product Key, there is no OS selection. It should already be determined when using the ISO. Please see 4 also.

3. If you are using EFI Boot, then BCA should not be used for partitioning your disk.

4. There is no OS selection screen in the Windows Installer on a Mac. Please see https://help.apple.com/bootcamp/mac/5.0/help/.

Dec 16, 2014 10:48 PM in response to Loner T

Thanks for suggesting I should click on the ISO file on my desktop to open it and view the files. Double clicking on the iso file "mounted" it. This then allowed the file to be read during the windows install and it therefore showed up in the "Select an OS" window. I have now successfully installed windows 8.1. As a longtime windows user and new mac user, mounting (giggity...lol) is a foreign concept to me. Thanks!

Feb 11, 2015 1:51 PM in response to mately

It is looking for a file in windows.iso directory. 😉

Here is my example.

D:\>C:\"Program Files (x86)"\FCIV\fciv
//
// File Checksum Integrity Verifier version 2.05.
//

Usage: fciv.exe [Commands] <Options>

Commands: ( Default -add )

-add <file | dir> : Compute hash and send to output (default screen).

dir options:
-r : recursive.
-type : ex: -type *.exe.
-exc file: list of directories that should not be computed.
-wp : Without full path name. ( Default store full path)
-bp : specify base path to remove from full path name

-list : List entries in the database.
-v : Verify hashes.
: Option: -bp basepath.

-? -h -help : Extended Help.

Options:
-md5 | -sha1 | -both : Specify hashtype, default md5.
-xml db : Specify database format and name.

To display the MD5 hash of a file, type fciv.exe filename

D:\>C:\"Program Files (x86)"\FCIV\fciv -add Windows8.1-64bit.cdr
//
// File Checksum Integrity Verifier version 2.05.
//
f104b78019e86e74b149ae5e510f7be9 windows8.1-64bit.cdr

Bootcamp Windows 8.1 "No Images Are Available"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.