Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

since the ios 8.1.2 upgrade my pop email account will not send

Since the iOS 8.1.2 upgrade my POP email account will not send emails and occasionally my IMAP account stops ending emails. This happened after the last iOS upgrade as well and I had to delete and then reset my accounts which worked for a while until this latest upgrade. I like to have a pop account so that I can keep important emails. I have an iPhone 5. I receive the emails but can't forward them. I am almost 100% that it has something to do with the iOS upgrades and nothing to do with mi ISP. I am with Rogers wireless and my ISP is Telus and there haven't really been issues with that in the past. Anyone else having similar problems.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 15, 2014 8:23 PM

5 replies

Dec 18, 2014 12:10 AM in response to Matt_M.

Hi Matt thanks for the reply. I tried all the link prior to posting the first message. I am not able to send any emails but I can receive them.

The email sounds like it is sending but nothing shows in the sent box and nothing gets sent at all.The error I get is "The connection to the outgoing

"smtp.rogerswirelessdata.com" failed. Additional Outgoing Mail Servers can be configured in Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars".

Followed all the steps as stated in the error message. deleted the POP email account and added it again it. The IMAP account

works if the POP account is disabled. If both accounts are active then neither IMAP or POP accounts work.

Feb 26, 2015 7:09 PM in response to TH7279

Hi TH7279, just wondering if you got this problem resolved? I started having the exact same problem and around the same time as you. I am able to send emails from my home wifi outgoing server (Cogeco) but as soon as I leave the house and my iPhone 5s switches to Rogers Wireless I can no longer send any emails using the rogers outgoing server. I have numerous email accounts and they all suffer the same problem except of course my gmail acct. It seems that the problem is with Rogers and their outgoing server rogerswirelessdata.com anything that I send using this outgoing server is being rejected. I'm having fits trying to get Rogers to resolve this issue, they have acknowledged that the problem lies on their end and have been "working" on it for about 3 months now. One customer serve rep told me that this problem has affected about 300 users (that they know of). My temporary solution is to switch my outgoing mail account to my gmail account before I hit send but if I forget not only do I lose the message it isn't even place in an outgoing folder so I have to completely re-write the message. Very frustrating but from what I understand the problem is not with Apple, it's with Rogers.

Thanks,

Ron

Jun 21, 2015 6:32 AM in response to TH7279

I had this problem too! I bought my first iPhone (iPhone 5) and finally made the switch from android and have been trying to find a way to get it to work (It's hard trying to keep up with technology as it is when you're my age haha). Anyway I found a cool little site s while ago online which seemed to help me solve the problem so I thought I'd give it a share.

http://www.emaileverywhere.co.uk/cannot_send_email_iphone.html

I hope this helps

Ian

since the ios 8.1.2 upgrade my pop email account will not send

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.