Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB is not working

Hi,

I have an early 2011 13' MBP. After I upgraded to Yosemite I lost both USB ports. Sometime they work and sometimes they don't. I looked at the system report to see what is going on and I can't find both USB ports under the Hardware/USB section. I see several internal devices that are listed under USB such as FaceTime HD camera and Apple Internal Keyboard/Trackpad but not the physical USB ports. I did reset PRAM and SMC but nothing works. I looked at my firmeware and SMC release number and they all look good to me. Any other possible troubleshooting techniques that might solve my problem ? please help .

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mohammed

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Dec 15, 2014 7:52 PM

3 replies

Dec 15, 2014 8:07 PM in response to abughareeb

On my MacBook (Mid 2010) it also has two USB 2.0 (480 Mbps) and in System Information one shows up under each of the two USB Hi-Speed Bus entries which is under the USB Hardware item (along with the internal keyboard/trackpad and internal memory card reader on one and the IR Receiver and iSight camera on the other).

No idea what would cause them to come and go like you describe other than a hardware problem, but maybe someone else has some ideas.

Good luck...

USB is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.