Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete unwanted timezones from Calendar app on Yosemite?

I upgraded to Yosemite and one of the problems I had with Calendar App had something to do with Time Zone.

I realized that Calendar added California time as default. So now I want to delete the unwanted time zone, but cannot find a way to do so.

How does one remove or uncheck a time zone in iCal (Mountain Lion)?

I found this forum and tried, but as the last person who posted said, it doesn't work on Yosemite.

Does anyone know to delete unwanted timezones from Calendar App on Yosemite?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Dec 15, 2014 11:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2015 1:42 PM

This worked for me, type this into a Terminal window:

defaults delete com.apple.iCal 'RecentlyUsedTimeZones'

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I did this while Calendar was closed.

9 replies

Dec 17, 2014 2:13 PM in response to jeffd55

Thank you for your response.

However, I am not asking about how to change the timezone on Mac. I'm asking about how to delete unwanted timezones on Calendar app.

User uploaded file

Here I have 2 Pacific Time's. They are basically the same, but sometimes my computer choses one of the other without my intention. And when it does, it keeps showing (PST) on next to the starting time which I do not want. In order to avoid that, I'd like to delete "Pacific Time (America/Los_Angeles)". From the link you provided, I'm not finding the solution to this. I might be looking at a wrong spot and if so please be patient to guide me through.

If my question still doesn't make sense, please click the link to the solution for the same problem on Mountain Lion in my original question. You might understand my question better from it.

Thank you.

Feb 3, 2016 5:19 PM in response to StuartMoore

Yes StuartMoore's tip worked brilliantly. And in case one has any events intentionally created under a different time zone, those settings are retained, and one can just re-define the time zone in calendar again. To get a more streamlined time zone without city names, just delete the "closest city" in the popup when creating the time zone, then it will just show as "Eastern Time" for example without a city.

How to delete unwanted timezones from Calendar app on Yosemite?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.