Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring iphone 5

I am using Iphone 5s on IOS 8.1.2 and sync on a Mac OS 10.10

iTunes only has the option of restoring the latest backup. Where can I select an option to restore a backup older then the latest back? Help please

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 16, 2014 12:27 AM

4 replies

Dec 17, 2014 1:59 PM in response to paduskie

Hello paduskie,

Thanks for the question. After reviewing your post, it sounds like you want to select a backup to use. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help you isolate or resolve the issue.

Back up and restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Podpora

Restore using iTunes

Use these steps if you have a new iOS device, or you need to to restore after a factory reset:

1. Connect your device to the computer that has your backup.
  2. Install the latest version of iTunes.
  3. Choose File > Devices > Restore from Back up.User uploaded file

You won't be able to install a backup that uses a later version of iOS than the device you're trying to install it on. Find out why.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Dec 17, 2014 10:02 PM in response to mario49

Hi Mario49,

Thank you for your reply. I still do not see an option to select the backups of different dates. It only shows the latest backup.

For example, if I have backed up yesterday and today, I cannot restore using yesterdays backup since it is not the latest.

The option you have shown me is how to back up, I am looking for a way to select different backups to restore from.

Restoring iphone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.