Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X - Zoom R16 - Yosemite

I'm looking to use the Zoom R16 with Logic Pro X - v10.0.7 on Yosemite v10.10.1. I'm running this on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-Inch, Mid 2014) Base Model.

I've found other information about using the Zoom R16 with Logic Pro X as an interface.

Logic Pro X > Control Surfaces > Setup > New > Mackie Designs - Mackie Control - Logic Control

Ctrl Click - Mackie Mixing Desk Icon > Show/Hide Inspector > Output Port and Input Port set to ZOOM_R16_R24

This makes the Zoom R16 work with Logic Pro X but I've had a few kernel panic screens in Yosemite when recording. I was wondering if there was a more official way of hooking up the Zoom R16 with Logic Pro X just to eliminate the possibility that it's the Mackie Control Interface that's acting up, or is it a more broad problem with Logic Pro X not being updated for Yosemite?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Dec 16, 2014 4:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 9:24 AM

Hey EnzoAmata I have a problem maybe you can help me out.

I already installed R16's drivers, then did all this

Logic Pro X > Control Surfaces > Setup > New > Mackie Designs - Mackie Control - Logic Control

but in the "output port" and "input port" the R16 doesn't show!

Do you have any clue?

Thanks in advance

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2015 9:24 AM in response to EnzoAmata

Hey EnzoAmata I have a problem maybe you can help me out.

I already installed R16's drivers, then did all this

but in the "output port" and "input port" the R16 doesn't show!

Do you have any clue?

Thanks in advance

Logic Pro X - Zoom R16 - Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.