Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

True? Safari - Alert Suspicious Activity Detected in your Browser. Your Browser might have been hijacked and an anonymous activity has been detected. Major Security Issue To fix it please call Apple Certified Engineers on 1 855-676-9749 (Toll

I wonder about this - true or not? Phone number is suspicious as is the message.

Safari - Alert

Suspicious Activity Detected in your Browser. Your Browser might have been hijacked and an anonymous activity has been detected.

Major Security Issue

To fix it please call Apple Certified Engineers on

+1 855-676-9749 (Toll Free)

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Dec 16, 2014 10:24 AM

17 replies

Jan 8, 2015 12:08 PM in response to cbc2

It's a scam, it just happened to me. They buy advertising on sites that causes your page to jump links over to a site called www.online_security_alert.com. That web page pushes a popup that you can't get rid of and tells you to call them at 855 676 9749. The online_security_alert.com site is registered to some individual Martin King (probably fake) over in India. IT IS NOT APPLE.... You call that number, they tell you about the force quit safari and shift open safari to clear the issue. Then they ask you to go to www.support.me where they will try to talk you into turning over control to them (it's meeting software).... I basically asked them if they were going to then ask for control of my screen and attempt to extort money from me or ask for a credit card number.... They hung up on me.... DO NOT GO TO www.support.me DO NOT GIVE THEM INFORMATION OVER THE PHONE.... DO NOT GO INTO AN ONLINE MEETING WITH THEM.... (Apple, please contact the FBI and India Govt about these folks and also GoDaddy.com where their site is registered. So, that you and the law agencies can shut down these bozos... Thanks...)

Jan 9, 2015 10:24 AM in response to ecrean99

I got a different number from a similar message and lock-up. Mine said that "Chrome Reported Phishing Website" and that Chrome was "stuck" -- I was running Safari,not Chrome -- and that I must call 1- 844-503-3659 "immediately." After restarts of Safari and reboots of my Mac, the locked situation did not go away, so I called the number, suspecting a hostage scam. Got a guy in India who said he worked for INFINTECH and that my lockup was randomly sent to INFINTECH because they are one of the world's leading service providers for solving these kinds of problems. He wanted to connect with my computer to remotely diagnose the problem. NO WAY, JOSE! Then I came to this forum, where I learned to restart Safari with the shift key down. That worked for me. Thanks!

Jan 12, 2015 1:23 PM in response to 82ndbluedevil

Using 10.8.5 up to date: Just had the same problem but Shift did not work. After deleting Safari Prefs and everything else about Safari with no solution we replaced the Safari app from a different mac (Target mode via Thunderbolt) with the same system version and was told the safari on the problem machine was newer than the one replacing it. After replacement the problem was solved. Appears that hackers are now modifying program code. Beware.

Feb 4, 2015 1:02 PM in response to cbc2

I had this exact problem on my iPad mini with this text:

http: // apple-pc-issue.com/ Safari Alert. Suspicious Activity Detected in your Browser. Your Browser might have been hijacked and an anonymous activity has been detected. Major Security Issue. To fix it please call Apple Certified Engineers on +1 855-676-9749 (Toll Free)

I fixed it by clearing the cache of Safari Browser. I have no Shift key on the iPad. Here is how I did it:

1. I closed all open apps
  2. Shut down iPad,
  3. Reboot,
  4. Settings / Safari / Clear History and Website Data. / Clear
  5. Then when I opened up Safari, it was fine. But all my open tabs were gone and I was logged out of all online accounts. Fine. Problem handled.

Question: Is there a way to selectively clear the cache and cookies, leaving some there?

Feb 7, 2015 1:54 PM in response to cbc2

My wife received this message on her iPad, freaked out, and called the number. She woke me up from my nap, handed me the phone and told me to deal with it. 😕.... I questioned the guy, and he assured me it was legit, and that he needed the iPad plugged into our laptop, and he needed remote access. I downloaded the software, and let him on. At this point, I was just starting to wake up. He put me on hold, and dropped the live rescue activity log down to my toolbar. At the same time, I opened my Console, Activity Monitor, and Terminal, and pulled the live rescue log back up. The log said that the session had ended (on his end, not mine). The 'tech' got back on the phone and asked me if I ended the session, I said 'no, you did'. He then accused me of lying to him, called me a bunch of expletives, and told me to take the iPad to the Apple Store!... So, lesson learned! Going through my computer I don't see anything malicious, but I'm curious if there's anything specific I should be looking for.

Thanks guys!

-Mike

Feb 10, 2015 7:16 AM in response to cbc2

I had this this "Apple Alert" problem this morning and called that fake number 1855-482-2632. The guy with accent answered and he even didn't mention he is from Apple company. Then he asked me to pay 100 dollars to pay but I stopped there and turned to real apple's service number. I got it fixed by deleting many caches and stuff followed by a very nice lady's instruction, for free! I think we need to clear some files time to time, to clean the computer. I deleted more than 50,000 files (caches?) and the computer (iMac 21) is running faster now.

True? Safari - Alert Suspicious Activity Detected in your Browser. Your Browser might have been hijacked and an anonymous activity has been detected. Major Security Issue To fix it please call Apple Certified Engineers on 1 855-676-9749 (Toll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.