Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MDM Public Key for Device Enrollment Program

I'm trying to attach a MDM Server to the Device Enrollment Program (so I don't have to use configuratior anymore). It's asking for the "public key certificate"...is that what we get from the MDM Server Box? If not, where do I get it from?

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Dec 16, 2014 12:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2014 9:43 AM

Hi Parker14,

If your MDM supports DEP, there should be a place in your MDM's control panel where you can download a .PEM file. Once you have this .PEM file downloaded, you can go to deploy.apple.com, sign in with your organization's Apple ID, go to Device Enrollment Program -> Manage Servers and "Add MDM Server." Name the MDM server, then click Next. Click "Choose File" and upload the .PEM file that you downloaded from your MDM… then click Next. You will then need to download the server token so that you can upload it to your MDM. This download/upload/download/upload process establishes the connection between your MDM and Apple and will allow DEP to work.

Hope this answers your question!

~Joe

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2014 9:43 AM in response to Parker14

Hi Parker14,

If your MDM supports DEP, there should be a place in your MDM's control panel where you can download a .PEM file. Once you have this .PEM file downloaded, you can go to deploy.apple.com, sign in with your organization's Apple ID, go to Device Enrollment Program -> Manage Servers and "Add MDM Server." Name the MDM server, then click Next. Click "Choose File" and upload the .PEM file that you downloaded from your MDM… then click Next. You will then need to download the server token so that you can upload it to your MDM. This download/upload/download/upload process establishes the connection between your MDM and Apple and will allow DEP to work.

Hope this answers your question!

~Joe

Dec 1, 2016 6:40 AM in response to Parker14

Hi all,

we have already a java-base software program which documents IT devices within the network and now we are going to scan all ios and android devices in the network as well to document them. We are going to collect as much as possible information about these devices when they are connected to the network. I have been searching a lot and came across MDM by Apple, but unfortunatelly I haven't got a clue where and how I can get MDM API by Apple. Could you please help me out here! Any help would be appreciated.

MDM Public Key for Device Enrollment Program

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.