Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ATT Uverse 'locate me' phone feature does not forward calls from my home phone to my IPhone 6 ATT tells me that the problem is with the IPhone.

ATT Uverse 'locate me' phone feature does not forward calls from my home phone to my IPhone 6 + ATT tells me that the problem is with the IPhone. This feature did work with my Iphone 4S that I had before my IPhone 6+ When calls come into my home phone, the cell phone rings once time, then says call ended or call missed.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 16, 2014 1:06 PM

8 replies

Dec 16, 2014 2:34 PM in response to olganaomi

I have found out that this is also the case on my I Phone 5s. The LOCATE ME feature thru AT&T's U-Verse service worked great forwarding calls to my I Phone 5s....that is until Apple rolled out the updates in the past few months. Now the same thin happens as above....the call is made to my U-Verse home telephone number and it will forward but ONLY ring once before it shows 'Call ended"....the call continues to ring thru to the home number until it finally is picked up by Call Notes. I have reported to AT&T twice. They tell me this is a known issue, but think it is an issue with the Apple side of it and NOT their network. Cmon APPLE...get it together and find a fix!

Again....this feture worked perfectly on my I Phone 5s for over a year....until Apple began rolling out the 8.0...8.1...and 8.1.2 updates.

What is the answer?

Jan 1, 2015 5:09 PM in response to olganaomi

The "locate me" worked great for me for several years. I noticed that it was no longer working in September. I went to the AT&T store and had them call my home number from one of their personal phones and my iPhone6 rang once and dropped the call. I then had them deactivate the iPhone6 and reactivate my old iPhone 3G and it did the same thing. One partial ring and then dropped call - no chance to answer. I later went to another AT&T store and had then move my iPhone6's SIM to an Android phone. Same problem. CANNOT BE AN IPHONE PROBLEM!

I called AT&T support and they said they would have to pass it on to the uverse technical suport team. About a week later I received a call from someone at AT&T who said they had identified the problem as one on their end and that it would take a week or two to fix it. At least 6 weeks have now passed and it still will not work.

William Marshall

Athens, GA

Jan 18, 2015 7:46 PM in response to olganaomi

Same issue with me as well. But this time I set it up to have my IPhone 6+ and a Samsung Galaxy4s(separate cell number) ring at same time when someone calls my home phone. The IPhone 6+ rang only once ( as missed call) and the Samsung Galaxy 4s rang as many times as my house phone did. So who knows why this is happening? I see each company is blaming the other.

Mar 2, 2015 8:23 PM in response to olganaomi

It is an Apple Update issue.

I shut off the "Locate Me" feature where I had my iphone 5s (ipdate 8.3.1) as the additional number to be called. With this

feature shut off---the home phone (uverse) is now working fine. By the way:if you turn on "No Answer Call Forwarding"-and

put in your cell number----the home phone will ring normally but you still won"t get the call transferred. It will, however, show

up as a "missed call" on the iphone.

Apr 7, 2015 3:23 PM in response to olganaomi

I may know the answer to this problem, as I struggled with something similar for months. The good news is I think it has nothing to do with Apple products, and only an insurmountable characteristic of AT&T's infrastructure. I promise not to get too technical. I don't know those details anyway. I had U-Verse voice, and my wife and I had an iPhone 4s and a Samsung flip phone. We used "Locate Me" to forward incoming calls coming to the U-Verse line to both wireless phones. Most of the time this worked great, but occasionally the phones would all ring once, then direct the call straight to voicemail. Also, by the way, we were using a single U-Verse Voice mailbox, shared no matter which line was called. In my case the U-Verse people kept blaming the AT&T Wireless people, and vice-versa. Eventually, I noticed a pattern. The only time the calls went straight to voicemail was when either wireless phone had run out of battery, and shut itself off, or when one was otherwise turned off intentionally. It turns out that the way the AT&T network implements this feature is incapable of ignoring the minor inconvenience of a single device being turned off, and therefore unavailable. This is of course the way users would like the network to behave - simply allowing whatever devices are still on-line to ring as normal. Unfortuntely, if any device is off-line the network perceives this as a "device unavailable" condition, and follows whatever protocol is currently configured for that condition. In my case, after ringing once the call goes to our U-Verse voicemail. Other responses are possible. The other good news is that there IS a work-around, imperfect, but not bad, and my family has been using it for years. Just make sure you keep all wireless phones connected to "Locate Me" charged and powered on at all times. If you ever see the problem agaIn, just look for the phone that is powered off, or with a dead battery, and fix it. The system will work perfectly again. By the way, I reported my finding to AT&T, so I think there may be a handful of engineers on a level 3 support team somewhere who understand this problem, but I imagine it remains undocumented, because AT&T would rather let customers suffer than allow the company to suffer any embarrassment over a disfunctional feature for which they have no solution - just my opinion. I hope this helps.

ATT Uverse 'locate me' phone feature does not forward calls from my home phone to my IPhone 6 ATT tells me that the problem is with the IPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.