Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding device to i-tunes

On my i-tunes account I need to add my mac book pro. Does anyone know how to do this?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 16, 2014 6:40 PM

1 reply

Dec 18, 2014 9:26 AM in response to Brian 73

Hello there, Brian.

It sounds like you want to authorize your MacBook Pro for iTunes content. The following Knowledge Base article provides some great instruction on how to do just that:

Authorize your computer in iTunes - Apple Support

How do I authorize a computer?

1. Open iTunes on the computer you want to authorize.
  2. Choose Store > Authorize This Computer from the menu bar.
    You might need to show the menu bar to see this option in Windows. In earlier versions of iTunes, you can access this option from the Advanced menu.
    User uploaded file
  3. Enter your Apple ID and click Authorize.

If iTunes asks you to authorize your computer again, it won't use a new authorization. iTunes uses the same authorization for the same computer.

What happens if I run out of authorizations?

If one of your 5 authorizations is on a computer you don't use much anymore, deauthorize it. If you've sold or given away a computer that used one of your 5 authorizations, you'll need to deauthorize all of your computers and then re-authorize each one you still use.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Adding device to i-tunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.