Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off notice in upper right corner.

Unable to turn off notification banner "Get Yosemite free". I have everything in Notification center unchecked, but this banner will not go away. Very annoying, help!

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 16, 2014 11:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2014 4:14 PM

I finally got this banner to go away. Went to Notification Center and made sure all the apps on left had the "None" option chosen. Opened up App Store (notification came from there) Then, the banner let me click on it and it went away. It would not let me click on it earlier, so I'm not sure which action let me change it, but this sequence worked. Good luck to the others with this same issue.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2014 4:14 PM in response to Barbpdx

I finally got this banner to go away. Went to Notification Center and made sure all the apps on left had the "None" option chosen. Opened up App Store (notification came from there) Then, the banner let me click on it and it went away. It would not let me click on it earlier, so I'm not sure which action let me change it, but this sequence worked. Good luck to the others with this same issue.

Turn off notice in upper right corner.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.