Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't locate original file error

Hi,

I am trying to watch iTunes TV Shows I have paid for and downloaded, however when I go to click on them I keep getting the below error message (picture attached) does anyone have a solution or can point me in the right direction (In laymen terms please) MacBook Pro beginner.

Kind regards - thanks in advance - merry christmas 🙂

Jo

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Dec 17, 2014 6:12 AM

1 reply

Dec 18, 2014 2:53 PM in response to papillondefer

Hello there, papillondefer.

When attempting to locate missing content in iTunes, the following Knowledge Base article offers up some great recommendations:

iTunes: Finding lost media and downloads - Apple Support

Start with these steps first:

Follow these steps to locate your missing iTunes media:

1. Resume any interrupted downloads.
    1. Choose iTunes > Store > Check for Available Downloads.
    2. Click Resume if any downloads are listed as unfinished. Learn more about how to resume interrupted iTunes Store downloads.
  2. Check your iTunes media folder.

For Mac OS X

1. Open Finder.
    2. From the Side Bar, click your Home folder (the folder named after your user account).
    3. Go to Music > iTunes > iTunes Media.
      You may need to go to Music > iTunes > iTunes Music if the iTunes Media folder is empty.
    4. Open the corresponding folder for the file type you're looking for. The contents of the folder will be listed in alphabetical order. Depending on the folder, the files will be sorted by artist, author, or title.
    5. If you couldn't find your lost media in the iTunes Media folder, check your preferences in iTunes to see if your media is in another location.
  3. Check your Trash (Mac) or Recycle Bin (Windows).

If you find any of your missing items, you can add them to your iTunes library.

• Mac OS X: Control-click (or right-click) the item and choose Put Back.
    • Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8: Right-click the item and choose Restore.
    • Windows XP: Right-click the item and choose Restore.
  4. If your media doesn't reappear in your iTunes library after you restore the item, locate the restored file in your iTunes Media folder and drag the item into your iTunes library window.

If you still can't locate the media, the article offers more options under "Still can't find your media?".

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Can't locate original file error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.