Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bought 2014 Mac Mini with iWork, can I download to another Mac?

So I recently bought a new Mac Mini and it came with the latest version of Pages, Keynote, and Numbers. Is there a way or am I even allowed to download those programs on a rMBP that I own? The programs do not show up under my purchases in the App Store so I wasn't sure how to get them on the rMBP or if I am even allowed to do so.

Posted on Dec 17, 2014 6:45 AM

7 replies

Dec 17, 2014 8:03 AM in response to millerk21

Did you check under your app store Purchases section - they should be listed there. According to this, you can download it to another Mac you own:

B. If you obtained the Apple Software preinstalled by Apple on Apple-branded hardware, in order to use

the Apple Software on more than one of the Apple-branded computers you own or control under the

Usage Rules, you must log in to the Mac App Store and associate the Apple Software with your Mac

App Store account. If you choose not to associate the preinstalled Apple Software with your Mac App

Store account, you are permitted to install, use and run one (1) copy of the Apple Software on a single

Apple-branded computer at any one time. Please also note that by choosing to associate the

preinstalled Apple Software with your Mac App Store account, you will also associate any other Apple

software applications that also came preinstalled by Apple on your Apple-branded hardware at the time

of purchase (excluding OS X, Safari, and system applications and tools).

From here:

http://images.apple.com/legal/sla/docs/Pages.pdf

Dec 18, 2014 8:55 AM in response to Dah•veed

I will have to check to make sure I signed into the App Store. I know I did for iTunes. The Hidden feature isn't even shown when I go to View My Account in the App Store. Matter of fact, I can't see anything on the number of computers assigned to the account. That leads me to believe that I didn't register in the App Store on the new computer. That should be automatic using the iCloud preference in Sys Pref.

Jan 16, 2015 7:26 AM in response to millerk21

I will have to check to make sure I signed into the App Store. I know I did for iTunes. That leads me to believe that I didn't register in the App Store on the new computer

iTunes (although the catch-all central for payments) is separate from the Mac App Store (OS and apps for Mac computers). The 5 device authorization is for the iTunes part (downloading/purchasing content/music/movies) and has nothing to do with the Mac App Store download of OS versions or apps. Any OS or app obtained at the Mac App Store for a computer can be downloaded and installed on as many computers as YOU own and control (and use with your Apple ID); however, they are not transferable to other people/Apple IDs.

Bought 2014 Mac Mini with iWork, can I download to another Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.