Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I unlink my iPhone messages from my iMac iMessages? I don't want my phone texts to show up on my home computer anymore.

How do I unlink my iPhone messages from my iMac iMessages? I don't want my phone texts to show up on my home computer anymore.

I have an iPhone 5c, 8.1.2 and an iMac with OS X Yosemite 10.10.1, if that helps. Thanks!

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 17, 2014 9:49 AM

2 replies

Dec 17, 2014 9:55 AM in response to rosaleafromlawrence

The following from Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac using Continuity - Apple Support has how to turn it on. I suspect that you can turn it off by undoing the items 1 and 2:

To use Continuity for SMS and MMS with your iPhone and your Mac, iPad or iPod touch

• Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch need to use iOS 8.1, and your Mac needs to use OS X Yosemite.
  • Sign in to iMessage on your iPhone, your other iOS devices, and your Mac using the same Apple ID.
  • On your iPhone:
    1. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > You Can Be Reached By, and add a check to both your phone number and email address.
    2. Go to Messages > Text Message Forwarding, and enable the device(s) you would like to forward messages to.
  • Your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch will display a code. Enter this code on your iPhone to verify the SMS feature.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.