Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

logic x

This is my system

Model Name: Mac mini

Model Identifier: Macmini4,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MM41.0042.B03

SMC Version (system): 1.65f2

Logic X crash all the time while I try to edit in piano roll, crashes when I save, crashes when I bounce in place. it will even crash when I open it. This is getting frustrating for I never had any of these problems before upgrading to Yosemite. I am wondering if it is just that I need more ram or what? Considering not using Logic any more and switch to something else that works correctly.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.0.x), Logic X

Posted on Dec 17, 2014 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2014 1:24 PM

Here is some info you might want to check - remember that 4 GB RAM is the minimum mentioned; personally, I would not run such an app with less than 8 GB as I'd assume it'd be similar to video editing pro apps with its requirements:

Logic Pro X: Troubleshooting basics - Apple Support

4 replies

Dec 17, 2014 1:58 PM in response to babowa

Thank you for your reply. I should have done my homework before updating and installing it. Now I will try and buy some more ram for my Mac. Saw on youtube this guy put in 16GB into his Mac mini and it works fine (8GB by X2) I want to try that in my Mac. I don't want the 2014 Mac mini for that just doesn't fit the bill without having the Quadcore. I will stay with what I have until I can find the Mac mini that came out before the 2014 version. Thanks again.

Dec 17, 2014 2:46 PM in response to Wilfredfromct

Take a look at the specs here including the notes about the RAM:

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_mini/specs/mac-mini-core-2-duo-2.66-mi d-2010-specs.html

And, you'd want to get that RAM at either OWC (macsales.com) or Crucial; in the meantime, keep an eye out at the refurb section of the Apple store for the older Mini model:

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals

Jan 9, 2015 1:35 PM in response to Wilfredfromct

Ok I just bought new memory and installed them yesterday. Now I am up to 16GB. Everything works a lot better now. Logic X opens faster and it does crash as much yet there is the problem. It still crashes, not as often as it use to crash but still crashes. Mostly when I am editing. It use to crash every second before upgrading to 16GB and now it just crashes while I am editing. Not often but still is annoying to me. There must be something that can be done to stop this from happening. Not sure if there is a way you can allocate more memory for Logic X or not. There really shouldn't be any reason now for it to just crash like that on me. Happens now once a day logic X crash while I am editing.

logic x

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.