Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air doesn't recognize SDHC memory card

I have been inserting my camera's SDHC memory card into the dedicated slot in the MacBookAir for over a year with no problems.

Suddenly, this week the notebook doesn't know it is present.

I have tried a second SDHC card, with the same result.

The same memory card, when inserted into a USB thumb drive with an SDHC slot, works perfectly.

Does anyone have an explanation? Is there a software gremlin responsible for this?

Thanks.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Dec 17, 2014 5:06 PM

3 replies

Dec 22, 2014 5:01 PM in response to brenden dv

Hi Brenden,

Your reply didn't help me much.

I still don't know why the memory card is not recognized by the MacBook Air. It was fine until this last week.

I have a feeling the SDHC card is not going far enough into the slot when inserted, but I have no basis for comparison since I have no other Mac notebook with a card slot.

If someone could measure the amount of card protruding from the slot when it is behaving correctly, that would be useful to me. It would help me to focus on a hardware problem, and I could take the MBA in for service if indicated.

Thanks in advance,

Lola

MacBook Air doesn't recognize SDHC memory card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.