Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not recognized by computer, but is charging just fine?

Hello,

I have synced my phone before with my iTunes just fine, but lately I've had issues. I plug my phone into my computer and it charges it just fine, but no trust notification or anything has shown up. No indication of it being noticed at all happens. Now before you answer, let me explain some things;

1. I've tried three different cords, old one, and two new ones.

2. It is no where to be found in device manager or anything of the sort.

3. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all of iTunes at least three times, to no avail.

4. Restarted and updated everything multiple times as well.

5. Tried two other computers, nothing.

I have iOS 8.1.2, and the newest iTunes (12.something.)

Anyone have any ideas?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 17, 2014 6:55 PM

6 replies

Dec 17, 2014 6:58 PM in response to Swamphen

Well, this is the support document for an iPhone not being recognized with iTunes in Windows. iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

When you removed and reinstalled iTunes, did you do it by following the instructions in this support document? Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 - Apple Support

If you did not follow the instructions above, it can cause additional issues for you. With the phone connected, you say you do not see it in device manager, do you see it in Computer? Do you see any USB error in device manager?

Dec 18, 2014 6:49 PM in response to Swamphen

I am having the same issue since updating to the new iTunes yesterday. I says I have no device connected but it is still charging. This seems to happen every time they update something. I just bought the iPhone 6 and backed it up from my 5 just fine yesterday. Now that I've updated it won't connect. I would settle for the link to the old iTunes program that actually worked.

iPhone not recognized by computer, but is charging just fine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.