Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no sound for alarm

alarm and timer on Iphone 5 appear to be going off, but I am not getting sound or vibration....This has literally ruined 2 days of work for me. Thanks. Guess its back to alarm clock

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Dec 17, 2014 9:22 PM

2 replies

Dec 19, 2014 2:19 PM in response to Cnote3030

Hello Cnote3030,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that the Clock application and the features within it such as the alarm and timer are not functioning as you would expect. If the sound and vibration issue has been isolated down to this one specific application, I would recommend a couple of different troubleshooting steps.

First I would suggest forcing the Clock application to close completely. The information on how to complete this process is located in the attached article below.

Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

After you quit the Clock application, I would suggest resetting your iPhone. After the iPhone has reset, open the Clock application fresh and test the vibration and sound from the alarm and timer features.

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers,

Joe

no sound for alarm

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.