Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to factory reset my macbook pro but my computer doesn't give me the recovery option, it gives me Macintosh HD only.

I want to factory reset my macbook pro but my computer doesn't give me the recovery option, it gives me Macintosh HD only.

Posted on Dec 18, 2014 6:23 AM

1 reply

Dec 20, 2014 7:43 AM in response to sallay Amir

Hello sallay Amir,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you would like to erase your MacBook Pro and install a new copy of OS X, but the Mac does not boot to OS X Recovery when you hold the Command + R keys during startup.

If your Mac came with OS X Snow Leopard (10.6) or earlier, I recommend referring to the steps in this article:

Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard: How to Erase and Install - Apple Support

For a newer Mac (OS X Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks or Yosemite), try reinstalling OS X by using Internet Recovery, as described in the "OS X Internet Recovery" section on this page:

OS X: About OS X Recovery - Apple Support

All the best,

Jeremy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.