Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I restore photos from Photostream Album

Hi, I have my photostream turned on in settings and I had over 400 photos in my photostream album on my iphone 5. All photos along with the photostream tab suddenly disappeared 2 days ago from album in the photo setting. I backup my phone on icloud and cant find these photos neither can I determine how to restore the photostream tab. Despite all that I have done, I am only seeing the following albums, All Photos which don't contain the photos that I had in photo streams, Videos and Recently Deleted,whichalsodon't contain the photos that I had in photo streams. I hope that the photos were not lost as I recently also upgraded to iOS 8.1.2.

Can someone explain to me how to restore these photo as well as the photostream tab since photostream was never turned off turned off and remains on. Do I have to reset the phone to an earlier back up?

Posted on Dec 18, 2014 6:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2014 6:44 AM

Hello!

This should help you move forward:

Get help finding your Photos in iOS 8 or later - Apple Support

8 replies

Dec 18, 2014 6:48 AM in response to lordmonkman

I take it, you checked if "My Photo Stream" is still enabled in your Settings on the iPhone? Settings > iCloud > Photos, then turn on My Photo Stream, and that you are using the same Apple ID as before?

There may be two reasons for missing "My Photo Stream" photos.

• The "My Photo Stream" album will not be shown at all, if you enabled "iCloud Photo Library (Beta)". Have you enabled this in the "Settings > Photos & Camera"?
  • Photo stream photos, that you did not safe to your Camera Roll, may vanish after a month, since iCloud will store only the photos added during the last month, and maximally 1000 photos. if the photos have been older than a month not saved to the camera roll, they can no longer be downloaded from iCloud.

Dec 18, 2014 7:26 AM in response to lordmonkman

I have followed your advice and I have restored the photo stream tab by disabling the iCloud photo library.

Is the restored album empty? And none of the photos are in your "All Photos"? Are you conncted to Wi-Fi, signed in with the correct Apple ID? And the iPhone is charged? It may take a while, until the photos will download again from iCloud, if they are still in iCloud. However, photos older than a month may no longer be in iCloud.

My Photo Stream is not meant to store photos; you are supposed to download the photos to your Camera Roll during the month they are in iCloud. And Photo Stream is not included in your iCloud backup, only your Camera Roll is included in the iCloud backup.

So you can neither retrieve older photo stream photos from iCloud nor from iCloud backups.

Have you saved your iPhone photos to a computer and could restore them from there?

Aug 18, 2015 7:20 PM in response to lordmonkman

You said that you have backed up all photos on iCloud yet you cannot find them? Right? But if that is the case, have you ever synced them to iTunes? Because as far as I know, you can restore iPhone data from iTunes backup files very easily. But I guess you don't have iTunes backup files maybe.

There is still chances to get back all your photo missing. Because you have iCloud backup files, you can use iPhone Data Recovery or some tools like that and then choose "Recover from iCloud Backup Files". It cost you no money if you try the trial version so don't worry.

All photos can be retrieve and saved on you computer.

This is how to recover deleted photos from iPhone, hope it helps too.

How do I restore photos from Photostream Album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.