Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover Mountain Lion purchase after changing App Store country.

Hi,

I purchased Lion and Mountain Lion and now would like to reinstall either of them on my old Mac.

However, since I bought them, I have moved to a different country and changed my App Store country, so neither Lion nor Mountain Lion appear in my purchased items.

How can I get them back? Changing my app store back to the original country is not an option as I no longer have credit cards there. I do have the order numbers and receipts for the purchases.

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Dec 18, 2014 6:58 AM

4 replies

Dec 22, 2014 1:45 AM in response to Dah•veed

I don't believe that is true. Even when a new OS is released, the old versions can be found if you had previously bought them. You just need to enable hidden purchases.

My issue is that no old purchases show up as the App Store country has changed. I don't care about the lost apps, but I paid for OSX and would like to download it again.

Dec 22, 2014 2:06 AM in response to nickjnick

Even when a new OS is released, the old versions can be found if you had previously bought them.

Yes, that is true, as long as you don't change your account to the store for a new country. Which you did.

My issue is that no old purchases show up as the App Store country has changed.

Yes, as I plainly said and as Apple states.

After you change the country of your account, you won't see the items you purchased from the previous country’s store in the Purchased section.

Change the country of your iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, and Mac App Store account - Apple Support

Recover Mountain Lion purchase after changing App Store country.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.