Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing not to scale Yosemite Ricoh W7140

Hi guys,

Currently working in a office that uses a Ricoh W7140 to print technical drawings. A colleague has upgraded to Yosemite and now his drawings are not printing out 1:1. For example if he draws a 1' x 1' box the print comes out with the box measuring 11 6/8" square. As you can image this is not great for a technical drawing.

Other people in the office use the same printer and have no issues, however they have not upgraded to Yosemite. Also they can take his .pdf files and send them to the same printer, from either Finder or Adobe Reader and the box will measure its correct size 1' x1'.

I have downloaded the Yosemite drivers for the printer from the Ricoh website for him. They made no difference after installation.

As a side note we have had trouble with this printer and people using Mavericks in the past. However this problem is specific to setting up page layouts in the CAD drawing software called Vectorworks. When setting up the page layout in Vectorworks the programme would not allow Mavericks users to print in the landscape orientation, it would always default to portrait. I presumed this was a problem with Vectorworks not supporting Mavericks in some way. This is still the case in Yosemite, however not a problem for anyone using the same version of Vectorworks while running Mountain Lion.

We also have a Ricoh A3 printer and he can print the square at 1' x 1' on that, hence I think it is a problem with his printer drivers for the W7140.

If anyone has had similar problems or any ideas of where I should go from here please let me know!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Dec 18, 2014 10:13 AM

2 replies

Dec 18, 2014 6:15 PM in response to mouldygreen

I've seen a similar issue when using Acrobat Reader or Pro and it was caused by the Page Setup > Format For setting in the Adobe print dialog. When this Format For was set to Any Printer, then the document would not print to the correct scale. Changing the Format For setting from Any Printer to the destination printer resolved the issue.

Printing not to scale Yosemite Ricoh W7140

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.