Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

just purchased a ipod and trying to import my music collection. When I have imported some artist have duets with others and those are going in seperate folders not the same as the artist. How can I put all the music in the same folder

have alot of music to import and some of the artist are not in the same folder. like elton john who has duets with others. is there anyway to put all the music in same folder and not have several folders for same artist

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 18, 2014 12:37 PM

3 replies

Dec 20, 2014 11:52 AM in response to bobjrw

Hi bobjrw,

I apologize, I'm a bit unclear on the exact nature of your question. To add music to your iPod, you would first need for it to be in iTunes. When you add music to iTunes, the application handles all of the organization, allowing you to view your music by artist, title, album, etc. If you are having issues adding music to iTunes, you may find the following article helpful:

Adding music and other content to iTunes - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Dec 20, 2014 8:05 PM in response to brenden dv

I did figure it out. I have been putting all my music in itunes. but when some of it went in it went in different folders example diana ross has songs with lional richie, temptations, so instead of putting all the songs in with the supremes some went in seperate folders with both names on folder, temptations/diane ross, so had alot of folders, but finally figured out that when I changed from artist to songs I could change the artist to one name only. This is my first time using itunes and my first ipod. Have had a zune forever but since they are obsolete figured it was time to upgrade and have around 4000 songs to import. but finally figuring it out. only problem now is some of the music has gone into itunes but has not sync to the ipod so am trying figure that out now. but thanks again

Dec 21, 2014 1:50 AM in response to bobjrw

If you right click on a son in iTunes and click Get Info. Under the Sorting tab iyo can change how the songs is sorted in iTunes

Tips for using song and CD info to organize your music

You can edit information in the Info window to make it easier to find and sort items in your library. For example, you can:

• Group individual movements on a classical CD into one work by indicating the name of the work (for example, “Piano concerto in A Minor, Op. 54”) in the Grouping field.
  • Group songs that are part of a compilation together in your library by clicking Details and selecting the checkbox next to “Album is a compilation of songs by various artists”.
  • Identify the individual artists on a tribute album in the Artist field, and type “various” in the Album Artist field.
  • Create your own genre category by clicking Details and typing the category in the Genre field.
  • Change the order in which tracks on a CD play by changing the numbers in the Track fields.
  • Create a Smart Playlist that includes only songs that are just the right speed for your workout by typing the number of beats per minute in the BPM field. For instructions, see Create a Smart Playlist.
  • Identify a movie as a music video (click the Options button, and choose Music Video from the Media Kind pop-up menu).
  • Identify an item that you imported from a CD as an audiobook, so it appears under Audiobooks instead of Music (click the Options button and choose Audiobook from the Media Kind pop-up menu). If you do this, iTunes also remembers your place in the audiobook.
  • Enter custom sorting criteria for an item. Select the item, choose File > Get Info, click Sorting, and enter the custom text.

Does the non-syncing songs play in iTunes on the computer?

is there anything different about the songs that do sync and those that do not? Like where they cam from? The format (Get Info>under the File tab).

just purchased a ipod and trying to import my music collection. When I have imported some artist have duets with others and those are going in seperate folders not the same as the artist. How can I put all the music in the same folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.