Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Too many DCIM iphone folders

I have iPhone 4s 8gb, that means i have to empty photos to my computer PC when i have so many now on my iPhone. Problem is when i checked yesterday on my lap top to transfer some photo i could not believe how many folders i had to look into to get the latest photo to my PC. i have 44 folders with photos which is too many to scan for one photo or any latest ones. I tried to to copy the whole DCIM to my pc but it only gave me 12 folders of 44. This is really a problem, not practical and annoying. Apple should reconsider that decision.

Posted on Dec 18, 2014 10:47 AM

3 replies

Dec 20, 2014 10:24 AM in response to drew234

Hi drew234,

I see that you wish to make importing photos into your PC easier. Try the suggestions located in this article to help you get those photos into your PC through an easier method:

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201302

Windows 8: Learn how to import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD (Windows Help)
Windows 7 and Windows Vista: Learn how to get pictures from your camera to your computer (Windows Help)

If your computer doesn't recognize an attached iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch as a camera, and prevents you from importing photos to your computer, learn how to resolve the issue.

Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

-Braden

Too many DCIM iphone folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.