Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i changed my telephone number on my iphone (i moved) but i'm still getting imesseges from my old number. How can I stop this?

I switched phone numbers but have the same iphone. I'm trying to avoid someone but I keep getting their imessages they send me.

how can I get my old number removed from imesseger? I tried the deactivation website but I don't receive any codes on my phone. I think it is sending them as a sms to my old number. Plus I can't get imessages with my new number.

Posted on Dec 18, 2014 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2014 6:47 AM

Hi, Giavid.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand you changed your phone number and iMessage still displays your old number. Here are the steps you will need to go through to remove your old number from iMessage.

Unlink a phone number

To remove a phone number from an Apple ID, sign out of FaceTime and Messages on your iPhone:

• Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  • Settings > FaceTime. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.

This should remove your phone number from other devices using the same Apple ID with FaceTime and Messages. If the phone number is still available on other devices after you sign out of FaceTime and iMessage on the iPhone, you may need to sign out of iMessage and FaceTime on all your devices, then sign in to FaceTime and Messages again on devices you want to use.

Note: If you no longer have access to the iPhone that is using the number you want to remove, reset your Apple ID password.

iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201349

Cheers,

Jason H.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2014 6:47 AM in response to Giavid

Hi, Giavid.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand you changed your phone number and iMessage still displays your old number. Here are the steps you will need to go through to remove your old number from iMessage.

Unlink a phone number

To remove a phone number from an Apple ID, sign out of FaceTime and Messages on your iPhone:

• Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  • Settings > FaceTime. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.

This should remove your phone number from other devices using the same Apple ID with FaceTime and Messages. If the phone number is still available on other devices after you sign out of FaceTime and iMessage on the iPhone, you may need to sign out of iMessage and FaceTime on all your devices, then sign in to FaceTime and Messages again on devices you want to use.

Note: If you no longer have access to the iPhone that is using the number you want to remove, reset your Apple ID password.

iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201349

Cheers,

Jason H.

i changed my telephone number on my iphone (i moved) but i'm still getting imesseges from my old number. How can I stop this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.