Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with conference calls(adding and merging calls) after upgrade to ios 8.1.2 on iphone 5s

I am having weird problem intermittently with adding calls or merging them or swapping them. The issue happens 8 out of 10 times whenever I try to do a conference call. This issue came up after I upgraded to 8,1.2. Never experienced this in 8.1.1 or previous version.

Some of the scenarios that I have experienced is:

1. While on the call, when I try to add a new contact, it just doesn't dial the second number.

2. Sometimes the second number gets dialed, cannot merge the calls.

3. After talking to the second person, cannot go back to the first call.

I am very sure that this is not a carrier issue as it worked flawlessly before upgrade.

Anyone experienced this before? Any suggestions?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.2, Carrier : Airtel, India

Posted on Dec 18, 2014 10:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2017 7:21 AM

I'm having the same issue. In the past If I wanted to drop a call from a conference, I would have tapped Conference and then tap the red circle with the little picture of the phone in it that appears next to the call. Tap End Call to make that line drop. Recently on my conference calls the little red circle option is gone. Is there something I need to change in my settings? Does Apple have a solution to this?

32 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2017 7:21 AM in response to RAmyARun

I'm having the same issue. In the past If I wanted to drop a call from a conference, I would have tapped Conference and then tap the red circle with the little picture of the phone in it that appears next to the call. Tap End Call to make that line drop. Recently on my conference calls the little red circle option is gone. Is there something I need to change in my settings? Does Apple have a solution to this?

Jun 22, 2017 12:28 PM in response to amigu

I was trying to merge calls and I had to cal the service provider, your equivalent to verizon (e.g.) and the servisse was deactivated on their side thats why it wasnt working. And previously it had worked, so some update on their side deactivated the servisse wich in Portugal is GSM and free of charge. I have na Iphone 4s with the lates iOS (8.xxx).

Kudos you guys...

Jan 1, 2015 6:02 PM in response to eranch

I Have the same problems with my new iPhone 6. I know it's not the network because I used to manage 5 calls easily on my 4s... Now whenever I do conference calls, 8 out of 10 times the little "i" icon in the upper right corner, does NOT appear? This makes it impossible to manage all the different individuals on the call? This feature to manage many calls at once, disconnect one and not the others ... Is priceless.

arr other people having this same problem?

Jan 29, 2015 4:07 PM in response to amigu

I'M having the same problem, only that I can merge the call but cannot manage individual calls anymore after merging. I cannot swap between two calls after merging and when the other line drops the screen still shows "multiple calls" or "conference" even if I'm only just talking to one person. Quite frustrating. Yet Apple hasn't addressed the problem yet.

Feb 22, 2015 7:47 AM in response to deggie

Thanks for the above infromation. I did a complete restore of my iphone through iTunes connecting it to my computer via cable. iOS8.1.3 was re-installed. I then added back my settings and data which were backed up prior to restoring the phone. I still have the same issue with conferencing and adding a third caller. When I hit the [+] box, the existing caller is not put on hold. The phone appears to be making a call but it is not dialing to the 3rd party. Shortly thereafter, the Merge icon appears but there is no active call to merge with. I have tried this several times using my wife's iPhone and our home phone to set up a 3-way call. I know it is not working because the 3rd phone (our home phone) does not ring. Is this a hardware problem? My wife's iPhone 6 works with no problem and was purchased the same time I purchased my iPhone 6. Probably time for a visit to the Apple Store unless there is another solution.

iPhone 6; iOS 8.1.3; Carrier: Verizon

Feb 23, 2015 1:51 PM in response to gwilson0108

Just an update to my 3 way calling issue. It is now resolved. It turns out that the problem was due to the Verizon software installed on my phone. For some reason, it did not include the 3 way calling feature. After talking with their tech support, the 3 way call feature was added to my phone. This was an easy process and was done remotely after I powered off my iPhone. It now works perfectly. For those with similar issues, I highly reccommend calling the service provider's tech support to make sure the phone has all of the features that are included with your package. Verizon's Tech support was very helpful once the problem was identified.

Problems with conference calls(adding and merging calls) after upgrade to ios 8.1.2 on iphone 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.