Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth problems: iMac cannot find iPhone

I am trying to set up a bluetooth internet connection between iPhone (iOS 8.1.2.) and iMac (OS X Yosemite). However, the iMac cannot find the iPhone.

So visited this website:

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH18559

The website suggests that I shd enter the information you received from your wireless service provider. This information usually includes an access phone number and an account name and password.

Firstly, what is a wireless service provider, my mobile operator?

Secondly, what is an access phone number, an account name and password? Access phone number, is it my mobile number? What is an account name and password, I do not have those?

Posted on Dec 19, 2014 5:50 AM

6 replies

Dec 21, 2014 8:19 AM in response to 5480

Hello 5480,

It sounds like you’ve found a general Bluetooth Internet connection article which your using as a guide to use to share the cellular data connection from your iPhone to your iMac, but it’s requesting information that you don’t have. I suggest taking a look at the article linked below instead, it’ll show you how to quickly and easily setup a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone, which will allow you to share your cellular data connection with your iMac.

iOS: Understanding Personal Hotspot - Apple Support

So long,

-Jason

Bluetooth problems: iMac cannot find iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.