Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MY ipodnano displays on screen the following message "check mark and OK to disconnect"

My ipod nano displays a check mark on screen with the following message "OK to disconnect" It does not start playing as usual

Posted on Dec 19, 2014 7:09 AM

1 reply

Dec 23, 2014 11:45 AM in response to outoftheredd

Hi outoftheredd.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

The article linked below explains how to resolve and avoid the issue that you’ve described, where the iPod is displaying an “OK to disconnect” alert even though it’s not connected to the computer.

About the Do not disconnect and OK to disconnect screens for iPod

"OK to disconnect" screen

You may now safely unplug the FireWire or USB cable from iPod.

1. When you first connect iPod to your computer, the "OK to disconnect" screen may briefly appear until the computer recognizes iPod is connected. This is normal.
  2. These screens do not appear if your computer is in sleep mode. Wake your computer before disconnecting iPod.
  3. These screens do not appear if iPod is connected to the Apple iPod Power Adapter. You may disconnect iPod from the Apple iPod Power Adapter at any time.

If your iPod displays this message but is not connected to a computer, or another device such as iPod Camera Connector, reset it to remove it from disk mode.

To avoid this behavior in the future, make sure that you safely disconnect your iPod prior to disconnecting it from your computer.

Cheers,

-Jason

MY ipodnano displays on screen the following message "check mark and OK to disconnect"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.