Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MY WIRETAPE STUDIO does not work properly on OS X YOSEMITE.. Can anyone help me

I just download OS X Yosemite and My Wiretape studio doesn't work properly. i have tried reinstall both software again but it doesn't let me use mac audio..Also get this message AmbrosiaAudioSupport is missing or damaged. Would you like to quit WireTap Studio and fix this? I've done this a few times now and still doesn't work.Can anyone Help Please

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Dec 19, 2014 9:30 AM

12 replies

Apr 27, 2017 11:15 AM in response to greenkee88

I just tried it on Sierra and was able to drag the .kext file over the the general System Library, and delete the other files from the user Library preferences, but starting up WireTap just creates these two files in the user Library:

com.ambrosiasw.wiretap_studio.plist

com.ambrosiasw.wiretap_studio.au_cache.plist

... and I still get the same error from WireTap saying "AmbrosiaAudioSupport is missing or damaged." when trying to select Mac Audio as the source.

The good news is that the free Sound Siphon still works to accomplish the same thing.

Dec 20, 2014 10:00 AM in response to BASRAJ

Try re-installing it.

Try a restart.

Do a backup, using either Time Machine or a cloning program, to ensure files/data can be recovered. Two backups are better than one.

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. If Back-to-My Mac is selected in System Preferences, the Guest account will not work. The intent is to see if it is specific to one account or a system wide problem. This account can be deleted later.

Isolating an issue by using another user account

Try booting into the Safe Mode using your normal account. Disconnect all peripherals except those needed for the test. Shut down the computer and then power it back up after waiting 10 seconds. Immediately after hearing the startup chime, hold down the shift key and continue to hold it until the gray Apple icon and a progress bar appear and again when you log in. The boot up is significantly slower than normal. This will reset some caches, forces a directory check, and disables all startup and login items, among other things. When you reboot normally, the initial reboot may be slower than normal. If the system operates normally, there may be 3rd party applications which are causing a problem. Try deleting/disabling the third party applications after a restart by using the application un-installer. For each disable/delete, you will need to restart if you don’t do them all at once.

Safe Mode - About

Safe Mode - Yosemite

Nov 22, 2015 12:18 PM in response to BASRAJ

I had the same problem with WireTap Studio not working with Yosemite, and when I contacted Ambrosia software I was told that the product had reached the end of its shelf life and would not be updated. Pretty cheesy since I bought the software only one year ago for $69. They offered a solution which did not work. I was able to find a way to get it to work, so if you're stuck and have tried other things, here's what worked for me:

1. I removed the AmbrosiaAudioSupport.kext file from the System/Library/Extensions folder and reinstalled it directly into the System library: System/Library/AmbrosiaAudioSupport.kext.

2. I deleted all the Ambrosia preference files from the User Library:

User/Library/Preferences/com.ambrosiasw.exporter.plis

User/Library/Preferences/com.ambrosiasw.wiretap_studio.au_cache.plist

User/Library/Preferences/com.ambrosiasw.wiretap_studio.LSSharedFileList.plist

User/Library/Preferences/com.ambrosiasw.wiretap_studio.plistfrom

Upon startup WT Studio created new preference files, and was now able to recognize and use the AmbrosiaAudioSupport.kext file and record directly from the internal Apple Audio.

Dec 7, 2015 6:49 AM in response to marschif

Can you be more specific about how you did this?

For example ...

I was able to remove AmbrosiaAudioSupport.kext from /System/Library/Extensions with the Finder. However, the Finder wouldn't let me copy it to /System/Library/

Did you use Terminal commands to do this? I tried cp -r but it didn't work.

How did you do this copy?

Thank you for your post.

- nello

MY WIRETAPE STUDIO does not work properly on OS X YOSEMITE.. Can anyone help me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.