Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMAC version 10.6.8

The previous version i was able to convert multiple jpeg files to one pdf document. this updated version 10.6.8 will not allow me to do this. why not? How do i go about completing this task then??? thanks !

cindy

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 19, 2014 10:44 AM

6 replies

Dec 19, 2014 11:16 AM in response to ckmyer

You can still do that in Preview, although the "how" may have changed.

OK, I tested this on my system which is a later version than Snow Leopard. I selected four jpegs and opened them in Preview. I then selected all four thumbnails. Selected Print from Preview's File menu. Used the PDF dropdown menu to select Save As PDF and clicked on the Print button. The resulting PDF file contained all four images.

Dec 19, 2014 11:21 AM in response to Kappy

that's exactly what i've done in the past and it was easy and quick. Now, for whatever reason, only one jpeg will be saved as a pdf even after I've selected all jpegs. really frustrating.... I've had no trouble in the past. I have quite a few jpegs that i need to convert to pdf format. I'll keep looking. thanks for your help. if you have any other suggestions i sure would appreciate them. I even thought maybe i need to upgrade my snowleopard 10.6.8 ?

Dec 19, 2014 11:54 AM in response to ckmyer

Yes, it is a good decision, but before you would do that you should know a few things that may influence what you decide to do.

1. If you use older PPC-only applications, then they will no longer work if you upgrade from Snow Leopard.
  2. Check what third-party software you use to determine if you need to upgrade it or replace it.
  3. Don't upgrade if you have mission critical software that does not work on the new versions of OS X. This also applies to your third-party hardware such as printers and scanners, for example.

I do not know what you would do differently in Snow Leopard, but if you search you should find it. I don't recall that being removed from Preview. It certainly works in Yosemite as I described..

Given you may upgrade from Snow Leopard directly to Yosemite I would encourage you to do this from scratch. That would mean:

1. Make a full backup of all your files.
  2. Boot from your Snow Leopard installer DVD.
  3. Use Disk Utility to erase your hard drive.
  4. Reinstall Snow Leopard from scratch.
  5. Upgrade Snow Leopard to 10.6.8.
  6. Sign into the Mac App Store and download the Yosemite installer (5.3 GBs.)
  7. Install Yosemite.
  8. Restore only your files from the backup you made. Do not restore third-party applications until you know they will work.

IMAC version 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.