Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do my contacts in FaceTime show up as numbers and not names?

Someone help me please. FaceTime is working perfectly on my Macbook pro i7, Yosemite. However, it bugs me that on FaceTime I can see just the numbers not the names of my contacts. Like if someone calls me, it shows just their numbers calling without names. 😟

What should I do? 😕

Thank you

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), null

Posted on Dec 19, 2014 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2014 4:04 PM

Please try each of the following steps that you haven't already tried.

Step 1

You may need to synchronize contacts between the Mac and your other devices. One way to do that is via iCloud. On the Mac, open the iCloud preference pane and sign in if you haven't already done so. Check the box marked Contacts. Do the equivalent on your mobile device(s).

Make sure that your contact accounts are enabled in the Accounts tab of the Contacts preferences window.

Step 2

From the menu bar, select

 ▹ System Preferences... ▹ Language & Region

From the Region menu in the window, select one of the preset regions. If one is already selected, choose a different one, then change it back. Close the preference pane. Quit and relaunch FaceTime.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2014 4:04 PM in response to Sahumah

Please try each of the following steps that you haven't already tried.

Step 1

You may need to synchronize contacts between the Mac and your other devices. One way to do that is via iCloud. On the Mac, open the iCloud preference pane and sign in if you haven't already done so. Check the box marked Contacts. Do the equivalent on your mobile device(s).

Make sure that your contact accounts are enabled in the Accounts tab of the Contacts preferences window.

Step 2

From the menu bar, select

 ▹ System Preferences... ▹ Language & Region

From the Region menu in the window, select one of the preset regions. If one is already selected, choose a different one, then change it back. Close the preference pane. Quit and relaunch FaceTime.

Why do my contacts in FaceTime show up as numbers and not names?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.