Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

merging music to both of my itunes accounts on differerent pcs

How can I merge the music on my iPhone 6 that is the same music on my iTunes on my computer with my laptop without losing all my music on my phone if I were to sync with my laptop's iTunes library?

iPhone 5

Posted on Dec 19, 2014 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2014 5:08 PM

Home Sharing. You need to make the music from one computer to the computer that you sync the phone with. You cannot sync the phone to two different computers and libraries. You can copy the music from one computer to the other as long as both computers are authorized. That way, you will still be syncing to a single computer, and there would be no risk of deleting music.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2014 5:08 PM in response to Michael Bagaglia

Home Sharing. You need to make the music from one computer to the computer that you sync the phone with. You cannot sync the phone to two different computers and libraries. You can copy the music from one computer to the other as long as both computers are authorized. That way, you will still be syncing to a single computer, and there would be no risk of deleting music.

Dec 22, 2014 9:03 AM in response to Michael Bagaglia

Try this support document regarding Home Sharing. Learn more about Home Sharing - Apple Support

Basically, all you are going to do is ensure that both computers are authorized with the same Apple ID. Make sure that iTunes is running and one the same network as the other computer you are trying to connect to. Turn on Home Sharing, and indicate the Apple ID you want to use. Open iTunes on the second computer, and you will see another icon in iTunes that will identify the two libraries. The one on your computer you want to share, and the one for that computer. You can go into the shared library and copy songs and paste to your laptop.

merging music to both of my itunes accounts on differerent pcs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.