Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No cell phone service on brand new iPhone 6 plus?

I Just bought my iPhone 6 plus home tonight. After making a few calls, the phone lost connection and wouldn't make any new calls. Where T-Mobile and signal would normally show up it says No ServIce. I'm connected to wifi and other functions of the phone seem fine. Any ideas?

iPad, iOS 8.1

Posted on Dec 19, 2014 7:29 PM

19 replies

Apr 8, 2017 10:03 AM in response to ToastyFlake

Hi everyone! Have just got my iPhone 6 and faced the same problem "searching...". Here is the solution that I found!

1. Go to Settings -> General -> About

2. Wait for few seconds

3. If an update is available, you will see a window that asks if you would like to update your carrier settings. Tap Update and Halas - it's working!

Hope this could help you;)

Dec 24, 2015 10:41 AM in response to ToastyFlake

I have this problem too and while I can't solve it, I found the fastest way to get back service is to slide up control panel, switch to airplane mode and immediately switch out of airplane mode. It then connects to cel service.

I called Apple support and they said it was the SIM card. I got a new SIM card and I still have the problem. I have a 6 month old iPhone 6.

May 29, 2016 1:08 AM in response to ToastyFlake

Hi All,

I was facing the same issue. Sometimes, iPhone 6 goes out of network, and it never comes back to the network (regain network), even when it is in full network coverage area and is in automatic network selection mode. This is not a normal behavior of phone.

I have made multiple requests to apple, but they are not able to fix and they are so arrogant, that they simple impose the issues on network but all other phones are not facing this issue.

I have sued Apple in court and will keep you people posting here. Tomorrow is my first hearing, and will update you all as on first hearing if my case is accepted. I would suggest all to sue Apple if you don't find any help.

No cell phone service on brand new iPhone 6 plus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.