Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not syncing Safari bookmarks from ipad

i have some bookmarks on my iPad tthat I want to sync to my Mac so I can then sync them to my iPhone. I have sync Safari bookmarks turned on iTunes but they don't sync To the Mac.

i Must be doing something wrong but I don't know what. I tried searching Apple support And these forums but couldn't find anything.

does anyone have any advice on this

iPad Air 2 WiFi, Cellular, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Dec 19, 2014 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2014 12:46 PM

Hi needleman_mark,

Happy Holidays!

The best way to keep your bookmarks synced between your iPad, iPhone and Mac is to use iCloud. Check your iCloud settings on all three devices and make sure Safari is turned on. Click on the link below for complete details. I've highlighted some of the key information for you:

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Bookmarks and Reading List - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT203519

Troubleshooting on iOS

First, confirm that you’ve turned on iCloud Bookmarks:

• On iOS 6 or iOS 7, go to Settings > iCloud and check that Safari is turned on.
  • On iOS 5, go to Settings > iCloud and check that Bookmarks is turned on.

Next, try each of these steps, testing after each step to see if the issue is resolved:

• Try installing the latest version of iOS supported by your device.
  • Go to Settings > iCloud and make sure you are signed in to the same iCloud account that you are using on your other supported devices.
  • Make sure that your iOS device is online by attempting to view www.apple.com. If you can't connect to the Internet, iCloud Bookmarks and Reading List will not update in the Safari app. If necessary, review the instructions for troubleshooting your Internet connection.

Troubleshooting on OS X Lion or later

First, confirm that you've turned on iCloud bookmarks:

1. Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences, then click the icon for iCloud.
  2. Make sure that the checkbox labeled Safari (or Bookmarks) is selected.

Next, try each of these steps, testing after each step to see if the issue is resolved:

Wishing you all the best this Holiday season!

- Judy

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2014 12:46 PM in response to needleman_mark

Hi needleman_mark,

Happy Holidays!

The best way to keep your bookmarks synced between your iPad, iPhone and Mac is to use iCloud. Check your iCloud settings on all three devices and make sure Safari is turned on. Click on the link below for complete details. I've highlighted some of the key information for you:

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Bookmarks and Reading List - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT203519

Troubleshooting on iOS

First, confirm that you’ve turned on iCloud Bookmarks:

• On iOS 6 or iOS 7, go to Settings > iCloud and check that Safari is turned on.
  • On iOS 5, go to Settings > iCloud and check that Bookmarks is turned on.

• Try installing the latest version of iOS supported by your device.
  • Go to Settings > iCloud and make sure you are signed in to the same iCloud account that you are using on your other supported devices.
  • Make sure that your iOS device is online by attempting to view www.apple.com. If you can't connect to the Internet, iCloud Bookmarks and Reading List will not update in the Safari app. If necessary, review the instructions for troubleshooting your Internet connection.

Troubleshooting on OS X Lion or later

First, confirm that you've turned on iCloud bookmarks:

1. Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences, then click the icon for iCloud.
  2. Make sure that the checkbox labeled Safari (or Bookmarks) is selected.

Wishing you all the best this Holiday season!

- Judy

Not syncing Safari bookmarks from ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.