You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 plus screen flickering

Lately my iphone 6 plus started to freeze, open up applications on its own & the screen flickers

Has anyone had similar experience with his phone ?

Posted on Dec 20, 2014 3:04 AM

82 replies

Jan 4, 2017 1:16 AM in response to essamfromlondon

Iam in the same boat, this is very frustrating. My iPhone 6 Plus 64G just started flickering at the top of the screen as well intermittently. I don't keep my phone in the back pocket or i dropped the phone as few posts were suggesting. It just started happening randomly today and i had no clue what the issue was until i stumbled upon this forum. The phone is basically not usable while it is flickering. If you apply pressure on four corners of the screen, it starts working until the next flicker...:( The phone is out of warranty so, probably apple store won't even look at it. Is there any way to fix this issue ? Since, this issue is affecting a lot of people i personally think apple should either recall or fix the issue of the affected customers to keep their loyal customer base happy.

Jan 18, 2017 9:45 AM in response to essamfromlondon

I have the same issue with my iphone 6 plus. So what do we do now that our phones are out of warranty. Does apple fix it since it is a known issue? If you google for this issue, you can see that there are so many people with this problem It is a design flaw. Screen connector becomes loose after some time because Apple decided to not put in a plate to cover/protect and give some kind of rigid support. It did this for iphone 5 but changed it for 6 and 6 plus. Evidently it is not a good move.

Does anyone have other options suggestions. Hope Apple is see and reading all these complains.

Feb 4, 2017 8:50 PM in response to essamfromlondon

2-4-17

Hello,

My iphone 6-plus just started doing this! cannot even use the touch screen! Took it to Verizon and they told me" this has been happening and Apple knows about it!" ....If They know about it! why did I just have to pay $170 dollars to send off for a refurbished one! Would love an answer from an APPLE rep... is anyone considering a CLASS ACTION? My wife has the same phone and problem... but she can actually still use hers....My worked fine until 5 hours ago... we've had these phones for a year and a half...Bullsh$#!

D. Allgood

Colorado

Mar 13, 2017 11:13 PM in response to essamfromlondon

Just recieved my Iphone 6S Plus from an insurance claim through Assurion 3/13/2015. So I've had it less than 24 hours. Put it in a Otterbox case and Zagg screen protector on it and just noticed there is some flickering at the top of my screen from time to time. My touchscreen won't work at times while it's flickering, what a piece of crap. I never had this problem with my previous 6s Plus. Any friggin ideas?

May 11, 2017 10:31 PM in response to essamfromlondon

Same issue I am facing. In my last 5 years tryst with Apple this is first time I am facing such an issue. Apple auth service centre has only one answer they will take back the product and give me another new one if I pay 90% of the new phone cost. Or pay almost 10% of cost as repair and take back the old iPhone home.iThe product is just about two years old. Feel kind of sad when I learn so many people across the globe facing the same issue. Never the phone was mishandled or dropped in water or any such eventuality. Suddenly, out of the blue , the problem started occurring.

First time Apple has failed me amongst all their devices I use at home. From a Mac to, iPad to Apple TV. We pay premium assumed to get almost failure proof products.

Now , I have started thinking, is the Co slipping in its quality standards ? Would I recommend I Phone to another potential smart phone user ? Would I like blindly trust a Co which refuses to budge if your warranty is over and there is a genuine product issue by a large set of customers.

I am not sure ....

May 31, 2017 6:57 AM in response to essamfromlondon

hi, I'm joining the discussion here as the same problem started to occur to me after I brought in my iPhone 6+ for repair.

For years my iphone had been working fine, then I had to bring it to Apple for a broken glass. Even with the glass broken the touch screen was still working fine and I had no flickering at all.

Then my screen was changed by Apple and the brand new screen started flickering and touch layer stopped responding.

Yesterday the Apple guys told me the issue was because of dust inside the iPhone so they opened it and cleaned the inside. When they handed it back to me it was working quite fine... only for less than a day;

This morning it started bugging me again.

I've got another appointment at Apple next week, still within the 90 days of the broken glass fix... Reading your messages makes me very nervous !!....

May 31, 2017 7:56 PM in response to cedric.hamelin

Hey, this is how Apple " resolved " .

Went to their Auth service centre. I was told they would send for examination to Apple and that this normally happens when the phone has recd a shock due to a fall or any similar incident. I said I had none .

They said as my phone was out of warranty, it would cost me abt $ 400 to get a new similar model in exchange or if it is repairable , by changing the glass , it would cost me by $ 170 . I went for latter . They came back after 4 days and said that they have checked the phone and as apparently the phone was intact , no signs of dent and damage , they gave me a brand new replacement , same model ( only the phone and without the box or accessories ) and charged me apex $170 in Indian currency .

This I thought was the best option .

I still believe though that it is a genuine hardware or software issue which Apple has not been able to resolve .

Sep 20, 2017 3:34 PM in response to essamfromlondon

I too am now experiencing this problem and I treat my iPhone 6 like it has dynamite inside of it (in other words I'm always overly extremely careful and ginger with it). I've had it for under 2 years and I find it unacceptable Apple isn't taking responsibility for this more and replacing these for free. Seriously, for what I paid for it, it should last!!! This is horrible customer service and is making me seriously re-think ever buying apple again.

Dec 23, 2014 8:29 PM in response to essamfromlondon

My 6Plus flickered and was blinking for 20 mins, I shoot a video and took to Apple Store Eaton Center and returned my device & returned my warranty, I will never trust or purchase this over priced phone again in life. I used it for a month and I was able to return for full refund as I said he rep and manager that I will upload the video on Social networks...so they gave me full refund

May 25, 2015 5:51 PM in response to essamfromlondon

My iPhone 6 plus started flickering and opening apps by itself or scrolling pages. Then the screen turned green and black flickering. I locked it and the screen was then completely black, but siri worked. I thought maybe restarting it would work but it will not turn back on. When I plug it into the wall it vibrates twice every 6 seconds. I am the most tech knowledgeable person at my school, but I am at a lost for words on what happened.

iphone 6 plus screen flickering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.