Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad 2 is acting up on IOS 8.1.2

I recently updated to IOS 8.1.2 on my iPad 2, I took it on holiday with me the next day and put it in airplane mode until I arrived, everything was still fine. After connecting to the hotel WI-Fi I noticed that control center would not come up. I then turned off the iPad and left it. Later that day I restarted it put in my passcode like usual but as soon as it connected to the internet it started by pulling down the search bar and repeatedly pressing Q. It also was opening up multitasking and going on my recently closed apps. The keyboard has stopped responding by this time and so had the touch screen. I tried to force it to go off by pressing the home button with the power button. I then restarted it again ad it kept repeating this same process. I am home again now but it is still not working correctly. I am about to back it up and reset it but i'm thinking it could be a hardware issue inside. Any advice before resetting? Thanks

iPad 2, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 20, 2014 2:49 AM

2 replies

My iPad 2 is acting up on IOS 8.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.