Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I keep emails from being deleted on my iPhone 6? Emails get deleted from phone when I startup desktop computer and they are downloaded from sever. Is POP3 no longer supported on IOS 8.1?

How do I keep emails from being deleted on my iPhone 6? Emails get deleted from phone when I startup desktop computer and they are downloaded from sever. Is POP3 no longer supported on IOS 8.1?

Posted on Dec 20, 2014 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2014 10:57 AM

Have you seen this?

Using a POP account with more than one device - Apple Support

A better solution is if your email provider uses IMAP. IMAP sync email folders between multiple devices. Meaning any device will receive the email, all sent email can be seen on the devices. If you delete email from one device the email is deleted from all the other devices. Check with your email provider to see if they offer IMAP services.

If they do not your choices are to 1) configure email on the PC to keep Mail on the mail server or 2) change email providers to something like Gmail or Outlook.com (as examples). FWIW I use Cox IMAP email and fully sync email between a Win 8.1 Update 1 laptop, a Win 7 desktop, an iPad 4, an iPhone 4 and an iPhone 5S.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2014 10:57 AM in response to ecgreen

Have you seen this?

Using a POP account with more than one device - Apple Support

A better solution is if your email provider uses IMAP. IMAP sync email folders between multiple devices. Meaning any device will receive the email, all sent email can be seen on the devices. If you delete email from one device the email is deleted from all the other devices. Check with your email provider to see if they offer IMAP services.

If they do not your choices are to 1) configure email on the PC to keep Mail on the mail server or 2) change email providers to something like Gmail or Outlook.com (as examples). FWIW I use Cox IMAP email and fully sync email between a Win 8.1 Update 1 laptop, a Win 7 desktop, an iPad 4, an iPhone 4 and an iPhone 5S.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.