Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email forwarding in Yosemite Server

Hello,

I am having some serious issues with google classifying mail that I send to gmail users as spam. I was able successfully to remove my domains from google's block list when sending directly to a gmail user by implementing SPF and DKIM. However, any mail forwarded to gmail users is still being blocked and I am worried that all of my mail will soon get blocked as well.

If anyone has any tips on how to avoid forwarded messages being classified as spam by google, I would be grateful.

Things I have done/tried:

1. Implement SPF and DKIM for each domain on my server
  2. Contact google
  3. Stop forwarding by addresses know to receive lots of messages
  4. Turned on Blacklist filtering

One thing I am not sure about is whether forwarded emails are signed by my server. I assume they are but if that is the case, I am not sure why directly sending to gmail clients works and forwarding does not.

Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel core 2 duo, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Dec 20, 2014 10:37 AM

2 replies

Apr 2, 2015 7:22 PM in response to tim_r_66

Everything that I describe above is necessary to attempt when you are having this problem. But I did not do anything more and eventually google did stop blocking our email. Needless to say it may take some time—like a week or more. My best advice, apart from the above, is to try and avoid forwarding until you stop seeing rejected messages of any kind. Oddly, for us blocked messages were account specific for a time before the rejections stopped completely. Anyway, at that point you should start trying to forward and see if you get any rejections.

Email forwarding in Yosemite Server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.