Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased a used i-pod 160gb classic. I plugged it in to charge and a message appeared to wait while charging. When I came back I found the apple symbol on the screen, but the i-pod doesn't appear on my computer or be active in any way

I purchased a used i-pod Classic 160gb (MC297LL/A). I plugged it in to my Mac mini OS 10.9.5 and received a message to let it charge. I returned to find the Apple icon on the screen, but no recognition in i-tunes. I removed from the computer and plugged it into the wall to get a faster charge, then plugged it back in the computer. It only turns the icon on and off.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Dec 20, 2014 1:00 PM

1 reply

I purchased a used i-pod 160gb classic. I plugged it in to charge and a message appeared to wait while charging. When I came back I found the apple symbol on the screen, but the i-pod doesn't appear on my computer or be active in any way

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.