Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install Yosemite

Hi, I've been struggling to install Yosemite. I've tried about 6 times or so to install Yosemite from the App store and each time I try, it says that it can't be verified possibly because of a corrupted download (I find it strange that I've attempted it several times and each time its been corrupted). So had to use time machine to restore.

I've tried doing a fresh install and made a bootable version of Yosemite on a memory stick (I followed a guide online) but when I was in terminal and it was coping to the memory stick it said error code 110 dmg failed. I can't remember the exact words as I'm using my internet history to tell me what what gone wrong (as I tried to google to help me find out the problem)

I had also booted into recovery, wiped the HDD and downloaded the OS. But I can't remember if that downloaded Mavericks as thats what I last had installed of whether it downloaded Yosemite, which failed and had to restore from backup... I'm just at a loss as what to do and am fed up with all this waiting for the os to download, install, fail and then wait for it to restore from time machine! Anyone else with this issue?

Posted on Dec 20, 2014 1:34 PM

2 replies

Dec 20, 2014 2:39 PM in response to Freeman3030

Which iMac model do you have?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1758How to identify iMac models

Do you meet ALL of Yosemite's system requirements?

Run OS Recovery

Boot up from your computer by holding down the command+r keys. This will take you to the recovery drive. Select Disk Utility & hit Return. In Disk Utility select the HD on the left & click on Repair Disk (bottom right).

Run Apple's Hardware Test

User uploaded file

Can't install Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.