Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't restore icloud account on iphone6

I'm restoring my icloud account to iphone6 but after choosing correct backup, it prompts me to provide a password but its for some other email address? How is this possible and what do I do please? The email address Apple ID that's not mine is: trillz12345 a gmail account.

Thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 20, 2014 1:22 PM

12 replies

Dec 26, 2014 6:33 PM in response to antconan

This same email address came up when I was setting up my new iPhone6, "trillz12345 @ gmail". Luckily my iTunes account that's associated with my Apple ID also came up so I just ignored it. That worried me though so I googled it and found your post.

My iPhone 4S was stolen in Beijing about a year and a half ago. I didn't have the data turned on so I wasn't able to use find my phone and wipe it. It had a passcode and if they were somehow able to connect to wifi it would erase it's self. I've always been a bit worried though.

I'm curious what you find out about this.

Jul 29, 2015 8:53 AM in response to antconan

This JUST happened to me. I got a brand new iphone 6 yesterday (fresh out of the box). During initial setup, when I wanted to reload my iCloud settings, it prompted me to enter a password for the following Apple IDs:

trillz12345 @ gmail.com

miguel_ortez93 @ yahoo.com

twilasta @ aim.com

None of these belong to me. What in the entire heck is going on? Who are these people and why are they associated with my Apple ID?

Sep 24, 2015 7:22 AM in response to msadler17

This has to do with purchased tracks in your itunes library. If you have imported music purchased by someone else then your icloud account somehow inherits these account names along with your own. You can check who purchased the tracks by clicking on 'Get Info' on any track in itunes and click the file tab. It will tell you who purchased the track and when. I don't think you can disassociate these from your icloud without deleting your account and setting up again.

Jan 5, 2016 4:43 PM in response to msadler17

Me too! I have been prompted to enter the password for miguel_ortez93 @ yahoo.com twice now, first during set up then again when trying to delete an app.It is a new phone, straight from the Apple store, and I have no idea who this person is. I'm going into the Apple store tomorrow to get it straightened out but wouldn't hurt to try and find some answers in the mean time. I'm worried this is going to keep happening

Jun 1, 2016 5:15 PM in response to antconan

Had the same issue, it was some Kendrick Lamar Tracks i had that was trying to sync.

Try this (in all songs view)

1. Sort songs by purchase date

2. Right click first song -> Get Info

3. Goto last tab -> File

4. 5th Option from the bottom: 'Purchased By'

On the bottom left of this window you'll see two arrows, left and right. Keep pressing right til you find the purchased track from that email.

Hope it works!

Can't restore icloud account on iphone6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.