Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite to Mavericks on a 2014 Retina 5k iMac

I really need to downgrade from Yosemite, which came pre-insalled on this iMac that I just bought... All the downgrade methods I've tried do not work and it seems to just want to install Yosemite. I have wiped drive clean, tried internet recovery, etc.. Any help would be appreciated 😟

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Dec 20, 2014 6:50 PM

5 replies

Dec 20, 2014 7:03 PM in response to thenewnoise

It's not possible. You'll either have to solve your problem with Yosemite, whatever it is, or return the machine.

If you bought the product in the U.S. directly from Apple (not from a reseller), you have 14 days from the date of delivery in which to exchange or return it for a refund. In other countries, the return policy may be different. If you bought from a reseller, its return policy applies.

Aug 5, 2015 9:06 AM in response to thenewnoise

Actually it is possible to downgrade to a later version of OS X than the machine shipped,

with but only on some models, for example is it possible to downgrade a Late-2011 MacBook Pro

to OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, allthough it shipped with 10.7 Lion and it runs perfectly, i've done that to mine

and now it tripleboots Yosemite, Snow Leopard and Windows 8.1. I dont know if downgrading could work on a new iMac

but it seems like you tried it, why or when does it fail?

(sorry for bad english, i'm not a native speaker)

Yosemite to Mavericks on a 2014 Retina 5k iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.